About Me

My photo
NJ, United States
I love to crochet, cook, read and sew. (I'm new to sewing AND BLOGGIN!)

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 8, 2012

Cabernet Sauvignon and STUFF...

Cabernet Sauvignon! ( ka-behr-NAY soh-vihn-YOHN)
I LOVE CABERNET!! OH MY! 


^^ is my favorite brand of Cabernet for under $10.00 ^^

Not only is this wine good for DRINKING, but it's fabulous for cooking!
I love gazpacho soup in the summer, I always add a cup of red wine to a whole pot of soup!
I use Ina Garten's Recipe!  It's the best I've tried so far! 
Instead of the hot-house cucumber, I used ONE jalapeno pepper (seeded). 
Add the seeds for more heat!
(wash your hands after handling hot peppers and do NOT touch your eyes or face)
I used V-8 Juice instead of tomato juice.  You can use the spicy V-8 instead of the jalapeno pepper.
Since I used red wine in this recipe, I added the vinegar at the end to taste.
I used RED WINE vinegar! :)

(Here is my gazpacho served with swiss and mustard grilled panini.)

I also serve this with chunks of parmesian cheese and warm crusty bread. 
Don't forget the wine!

Did I mention that I LOVE Cabernet Sauvignon?


No comments:

Post a Comment