About Me

My photo
NJ, United States
I love to crochet, cook, read and sew. (I'm new to sewing AND BLOGGIN!)

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2012

Instead of my chores, this is what I did today! :)

I decided to upcycle a t-shirt that I got from work.  The fits nice and loose but the neck, ugh, it choked me to death! (not really, but it's uncomfortable)  SOOOO, while looking for things to repin on Pinterest, I found the tutorial I was looking for!  (Pinterest is laggy right now :(, as soon as it's back up I will post the link to the tutorial.

Here is how the shirt turned out (I forgot to take a before picture, but it was a regular t-shirt with a ribbed (uncomfortable) neckline.  For the (new) neckline, I cut off the sleeve cuffs, and cut them in half then attached the 2 pieces together to make one long loop.  The screen print is way up there, but there was nothing I could do about that as it was all the way up by the neckline!  Not bad for a first upcycle though.  I wonder if my husband will miss some of his t-shirts!  HMMMMM!  LOL :D


I made a matching purse with this ARMY fabric I got at my local thrift shop for 50 cents!
The pocket in the front is a remnant from one of the sleeves from the shirt above!

I just went with it and this is what I came up with.  
The straps are extra long so that I can use it accross body. 
I also sewed french seams so that it holds up.
Next time I will make the straps thicker. I like it!  :D 

Now that I have some "new" beach wear....
let me go clean out my husband's closet!  ;)~




No comments:

Post a Comment